Finding groups you want to join
There are two ways you can find groups. You can search for groups by name or keyword, or you can browse groups recommended for you by LinkedIn.
To search for groups by name or keyword:
- In the Search bar at the top of your LinkedIn homepage, type keywords or group names of interest, and click Search.
- On the search results page, click the Groups tab.
To browse groups recommended for you by LinkedIn:
- Click the Work icon in the top right of your LinkedIn homepage and select Groups from the menu that appears.
- Click Discover at the top of the page to view suggested groups.
- You can then request membership by clicking the Ask to join button under the group description.
The Discover feature identifies existing groups on LinkedIn that may interest you. We look for similar attributes between you and other members in groups (attributes such as companies, schools, or industries in common) and present suggestions for groups you might want to join. You’re not obligated to join any group.
If no groups are recommended for you, the reason could be:
- All available recommended groups have been invited.
- All available recommended groups have been removed.
- There are no recommended groups available for you currently.
- Your profile may be missing information in key areas like current or past companies, schools, or industries, making it difficult to recommend a group.
General Limits for LinkedIn Groups
Various limits for LinkedIn Groups are listed below. We believe these limits can accommodate for a wide variety of interests and yet still encourage quality group management and engagement.
- Own and/or manage up to 30 groups at a time.
- Be a member of 100 groups at once
Note: Membership is limited to 100 groups. You’ll need to leave one before you’d be able to request to join a new group.
- Have 20 pending groups at once.
- Make 20 mentions within one conversation.
Group Admins can:
- Own one group.
- Assign 20 managers to a group.
- Have 20,000 group members.
Note: You can create up to three groups per day.