You can use LinkedIn to search and apply for job opportunities that are posted by companies and recruiters, based on a keyword, title, or location. If you don’t want to apply for a job at the moment, you can save it by clicking Save above the job description. You’ll be able to access your saved jobs at any time to begin the application process.
Here’s how you can search for a job that suits your professional skills and specifications.
You can receive job alerts, through emails, notifications, or both, for new jobs posted on LinkedIn that match your general search criteria or that are recommended to you from the Jobs You May Be Interested In feature.
To set-up a job alert:
- Search for a job on LinkedIn.
- At the top of the left panel of the job search results page, switch the Job alert toggle to On to create a job alert for your current search criteria.
- Switch the toggle to Off to turn off the job alert.
Note: You can also set-up a job alert by switching the Create alert for this search toggle at the bottom left of the search results page to On.
- In the Create search alert pop-up, select how often you’d like to receive alerts about new jobs on LinkedIn.com that fit those specific search parameters from the Receive alert dropdown. The available options are daily or weekly.
- Select how you’d like to get notified from the Get notified via dropdown. The available options are email, notifications, and email & notifications.
- Click Save.
You can access your job alerts from your Jobs page, in the Job Alerts section located on the right side of the page.
To access your job alerts on LinkedIn.com:
- Click the Jobs icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click Manage alerts under the search box at the top of the page.
- The Manage search alerts pop-up will appear. You can edit or delete search alerts.
- Click Save. You can also click Cancel if you don’t want to save your changes.